Monday, August 28, 2017

Enjoying my sewing time


This weekend have been so wonderful.  I have enjoyed a lot of sewing time out on my porch.  Have to make the best out of every sunny day now.  Fall is approaching very fast.  We have already had cold nights (minus 2 Celsius) and my summer flowers are soon ready to go in the garbage.





Recently I recieved the stitcher pattern I had ordered.  Happy mail day !!  I traced august month and a couple of other months too.  So nice to have a "just-grab-and-go" project ready to bring with me wherever I go.





I love Kathy Schmitz stitcheries.   Starte to sew on the august pattern.  And now I will have many hours of happy stitching with this project.







Also had some progress of my Shoo Fly blocks.  40 done, 139 to go.  I have decided to use blue fabric just one time.  That said, I have looked through my blue stash and I do not have 179 different blue fabrics.  Blue has not been my favorite colour....until now.  Blue has grown on me, but it has to be the right kind of blue.   Think I still have to collect about 40 more blue.  May be I will dive into some of my friends blue stash LOL. I only need a little piece (2.5 x 6.5 inch).






Part 2 of my Gossip In The Garden is done.  Having so much fun doing the applique on this project.  And I have prepped the applique for part 3 to 5.  Think I have so many great projects going on this fall. 

Saying for today:








7 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Your embroidery blocks looks like so much fun. Blue is my favorite color too. I'm sure your friends would be glad to give you several pieces of blue for your shoo-fly blocks. Happy stitching this week!

Little Penpen said...

ooooh... I love blue! That is going to be a beautiful quilt! The stitcheries are gorgeous, I have stitched a simpler pattern of hers before; love her patterns, too. Enjoy your cooler days to come!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you have a lot of nice projects going on

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Great and fun projects that are doing--I would love to do a blue one and even an all pink one--some day---love the cartoon--
enjoy the moments, di

Chookyblue...... said...

I have heaps of blues and love them... . It is my favourite colour.... Nice blocks.....

Sylvia said...

Lovely projects to work on!

Elaine said...

love the stitcheries :) I would be happy to send you some small pieces of blues, i keep buying them but never use them lol! I think you are using greyish blues - civil war type repro?

Related Posts with Thumbnails